What You Should Know About Google Penguin 4.0
On September 23 just this year, the Google Core Algorithm has welcomed its new member which is the Google Penguin 4.0.
Penguin is now readily available. This article will mainly talk about the benefits brought about Penguin 4.0.
1. This was released to all countries and available in different languages as well. This would simply mean that everyone will follow the same rules while enjoying similar impact independence for all websites.
2. Another feature is that it is now real-time. This would signify that the ranking of the page is subject to change as Google updates any information regarding the page or the linked pages. The impact of any of your actions can be noticed more fast than ever.
3. Another good thing with this Penguin 4.0 is that you can recover from the penalty more fast than before. Your webmaster must improve the site and remove the harmful links, which is the common problems when the site is penalized. As the Google recrawls the pages, it will give the positive results immediately.
4. The Google’s core algorithm has welcomed Penguin 4.0 as a part of it. This is what the Google has announced last September. So, you need to monitor the backlink profile continuously.
5. This is becoming granular. The algorithm do not give its focus on the entire website but on the certain pages toxic links. The micro-penalties become more hard to track. So, it is important to audit the necessary specific pages and subdomains of your site regularly.
The question now is, how to get the most of it?
The danger of this Penguin is that you will never get a notice that your site is already penalized. Sharp drop, declined positions and other indirect signs are your indications of being penalized.
What is good here is that your actions will yield the results more quick than before. This can be beneficial for you. As the penalization process is done fast, so with the recovery process. Below are some of the important things you have to take note.
Spend time to regularly monitor your position. You can set an email alert in order to be informed once the position changes. Next, you have to ensure that the backlink profile is clean and healthy. Be sure to check the new as well as the lost backlinks on a regular basis. You should also consider making a backlink audit on the whole website. You need to perform this step as the Penguin becomes more granular. Finally, you have to set up properties in the search console of Google for every subdomain while updating the disavowed file.